News & Events:-
1. PG Program - M.Tech. (Materials Engineering) got accreditation from National Board of Accreditation for duration of 5 years- 2016-21.
- Worskshop on Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists on Oct. 17th- 21st,2016
- Expert Lectures Series on April 12th- 18th,2016
- Students' Symposium 2015 on October 30th- November 1st,2015
- 18th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures (NaSAs) 2014 during December 15-16,2014. The conference is the prestigious annual event of Structures Panel of Aeronautical Research & Development Board (AR & DB).
- 18th International Conference on Non-ferrous Minerals & Metals- 2014 at Hotel Radisson Blu during July 11-12,2014 in association with International Bauxite, Alumina, and Aluminum Society (IBAAS), Jawahalal Nehru Aluminium Research Design & Development (JNARDDC), AlCircle, and Corporate Monitor. For details: Click Here
- Education Program on Advanced Welding Technology Program For Managers And Engineers on 12th February 2014, in association with Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT)
- Guest lecture on Microbial Corrosion by Prof. K. Natarajan from IISc Bangalore on 3rd February 2014
- Guest lecture on GaN- Transistor Technology by Prof. S. Rahagavan from IISc Bangalore on 16th January 2014
- Education program on Welding Technology by Mr. S. K. Sinha Roy from M/s Tata Project Ltd, Nagpur in association with Indian Society of Non Destructive Testing, Nagpur Chapter on 8th January 2014
- Guest Lecture on Scientific Research & Adavanced Technologies in Materials by Dr. R. Vasant Kumar of University of Cambridge, UK on 24th July 2013
- TEQIP-Sponsored Expert Lecture Series by Dr. B.S. Murty, Professor, IIT Madras during 19th - 22nd July, 2013
- Guest lecture on Magical Nanoseeds to Grow Bone by Prof. Akhilesh Gaharwar of Texas A&M University, USA on 18th July 2013
- Workshop on Failure Analysis of Engineering Materials organized jointly by Dept. of Metallurgical & Materials Engg., Indian Institute of Metals (IIM) Nagpur chapter, and Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT) during April 18-20,2013. For details, please click here
- Expert lecture on Coatings by Prof. A.S. Khanna, IIT Bombay, Mumbai on 3rd April 2013
- Expert lecture on Creep Deformation & Fracture Behavior by Dr. K. Laha, Head, Creep Studies Section, Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam on 2nd April 2013
- Short Term Course on Characterization of Materials during March 22-24, 2013. For details, please click here
- Guest lecture on Mass Transport in Materials by Prof. N.B. Ballal of IIT Bombay, Mumbai on 8th March 2013
- Expert lecture on Cryogenics and Superconducting RF Technology for Particle Accelerators by Mr. Shrikant Pattalwar, Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus, Cheshire, UK on 31st January 2013
- All India Metallurgical Quiz Competition 2012 organized jointly by IIM Nagpur chapter and Metallurgical & Materials Engineering Society, VNIT on 22 October 2012.
- National workshop on Advances in Polymers & Textile Technology (Polytex – 2009) organized in January 2009.
- Felicitation of Dr. B. S. Murty (Alumnus) for getting Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Award (2007)
- T.E.Q.I.P. sponsored workshop on Characterization of Materials organized by the Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering from 28 – 30 September 2006.
- 14th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures (XIV NASAS 06) organized jointly by Head Quarters – Maintenance Command – Indian Airforce, Nagpur, National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore and Deptt. of Metallurgical &Materials Engineering, VNIT on 30-31st January –2006.
- Training programme on Residual Life Assessment of Boilers and Its components organized by Central Power Research Institute, Koradi and the Deptt. Of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, VNIT on 01 – 03 December 2005.
- NMBA Sponsored National Workshop on Bamboo as Construction Material organized by Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engg. from 6-12 September 2005
- A.I.C.T.E. sponsored Short Training Programme (2 weeks) on Failure Analysis of Engineering Materials & Residual Life Assessment organized by Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering. – January 2005.
- Created: 28 April 2014
- Last Updated: 09 August 2016